CESJ's first webinar "Navigating and Thriving in the Academy as a Critical Scholar" was a huge success. We'd also like to extend our deepest thanks and gratitude to Dean Kinloch and Dr. Patel who provided incredible wisdom, candor, and affirmation. We received an overwhelming response from participants expressing their feelings of inspiration and solidarity to continue this work together. Many also expressed a desire to continue the conversation. We'd like to suggest the hashtag #criticaleducatorsolidarity to use on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and our other social media outlets to connect and support each other.
In you were unable to attend the taped webinar can be viewed at the following link:
http://ctesiu.adobeconnect.com/pczav5nm5mwq/ . You can also review a transcript of the session here.
In addition to the webinar, Dean Kinloch and Dr. Patel have provided a list of sources referred to in the webinar for further reading:
- Sylvia Wynter - everything she's written, seriously
- Robin Kelley, Freedom Dreams
- Cedric Robinson's Black Marxism
- Joyce E. King, specifically on the attenuation of humanity that happens through domination
- Ruthie Wilson Gilmore - this book contains her definition of racism
Kari & Sosanya